Fresh Shore Dive Reports from San Diego?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

viti

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My buddy and I will be in San Diego between November 3rd and 6th and would like to do a few shore dives. Has anyone gone lately? What's the best bet?

Matt

Viz is 10-12' right now. The outlook isn't that good for 11/3 - 11/6 as there is a New Zealand swell due in that time frame. Best bet is probably La Jolla Shores, if you get deep enough. (619) 221-8824 is the beach report, or go to La Jolla Surfing and follow the links for the socal quickcast.

Thanks for the reply. We're visiting relatives on a pre-planned trip and were hoping to sneak in a dive while we're there. If we do, I'll post a report.

M.

I'd suggest you do away with the shore diving this time of the year and take one of the boat trips from dive connection or Louise Ann to the Wreck Alley, Kelp forest, or god's Rock.

The vis at La Jolla shores has been stellar all week, I certainly hope you got a chance to get some diving in while here. Sorry I didn't see this sooner or would have found some time to show you our backyard.

Offshore has also been outstanding all week.

Hope you got some great diving in.

Kim

Thank you @anyunderwater or the San Diego report: 3pm dive, no surf, viz 25-30' at 40 depth and 15-20 at 60 depth. Perfect day...

If you have a dive report let me know and I will give you and or your business / club credit on my website and social media pages.

Sent you a PM about some shops/charters/etc that I would recommend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom