Need help getting to The Coronados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boxinchef

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife and I will be in San Diego at the beginning of August. We are looking to dive the Coronados so I'm trying to find a dive boat that will take us out there on Monday August 4th (I believe). The only operator that appears to offer regular trips out there is Dive Bliss. I've sent them an email requesting info but they haven't gotten back to me. Are they defunct? Their reservation link doesn't work so I suspect they are. Does anybody know of another operator that would possibly take us out there on that day?

Thanks

Lois Ann is a good operation. Change your schedule and go with them.:wink:

The Humboldt also goes there. Or you could do a surface swim! It's only about 20 something miles, so if you started kicking out on Sunday night and you catch a current, you'd probably get there by noon the next day! :) okay, just kidding...

Heads up, usually the boat trip to Coronados makes for a long day. Lois Ann schedule is usually a 6:30am departure returning at 5pm. 3 dives and food included and don't forget the water's chilly, in August it might be high 50's to low 60's at best. I'm kind of guessing optimistically, as its in the low 50's right now (52dF last weekend), but be prepared to wear a 7mm and hood at least.

Humboldt's phone number is 619-224-6195 and here's their web site:

Waterhorse Charters - San Diego Scuba Dive Boat Charters

You can also check these web sites for lists of Dive Boats in the area to call:

California Dive Boats : The Official Page

California Diving News : Dive Boat Directory

Oh, and I don't know much about Dive Bliss, but here's their phone number if it helps: 619-200-5852

Here is a link to the dive boat schedules for SoCal. San Diego boats are at the bottom. California Dive Boats : The Official Page

The Lois Ann is scheduled for the Coronados August 1st & 8th. They are doing the Yukon / Wreck Alley on the 4th. Visibility is usually OK in August and the Yukon is a great dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom