Coronados

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

encinitas

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm thinking of getting my nephew a three tank boat dive out to the Coronados as a birthday gift. He has few to no dives and has been certified for a little while now (3 - 5 months, not sure) but has been talking about wanting to go out and I figured it would be a nice place for him to start out and get some experience. I've never been and just want to know that it would be a good, safe place for him to start out at!
Any comments would be helpful!
Thanks

A little more information would be helpful.

How old is your nephew, how many dives does he have (any past certification?)

The Coronados can be fine for a new diver, he just needs to let the boat and Divemaster know what his experience level is and the person he is buddied up with needs to be aware as well. There are areas around the islands where he should not be diving if he is completely new to this as they are deeper than he should be going.

Another idea may be to hire a dive guide to go with him, that will ensure he has a competent buddy and gets some great experience. I know a couple of shops that can hook you up in that manner.

Back
Top Bottom