Horizon Charters vs Truth Aquatics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone have experience with liveaboards on both charters?

I have been on one of the Truth boats and I am interested in trying the Horizon as well. I enjoyed the Truth, despite the spartan sleeping accommodations. Good value and crew.

Been on both, several times.

Horizon is the finest operation on the Pacific coast.

The Truth boats are fine vessels - but they are consistently staffed with kids. Like the Peace, the Horizon is staffed with experienced professionals. This makes a huge difference.

Its just a better operation. The boat is a fine vessel. The Galley is laid out well, the decks have room. Its all good.

My experiences on the Horizon have always been perfect. I can't say that about the Truth boats.

---
Ken

Like Ken said Horizon is very, very nice

The Truth boats are fine vessels - but they are consistently staffed with kids. Like the Peace, the Horizon is staffed with experienced professionals.

Isn't the Peace boat one of the Truth fleet?

No, the Peace is its own operation and docks out of Ventura.

And the galley cook Joe puts out the meanest grubs.

I gotta try the Horizon and see how it compares to the Peace.

Also: The Horizon has Nitrox.

You'll never see that on the Truth boats unless you bring your own. Which still amazes me. How they (Truth) can run all those multi-day trips and insist on pumping air.

No thanks.

---
Ken

Also: The Horizon has Nitrox.

You'll never see that on the Truth boats unless you bring your own. Which still amazes me. How they (Truth) can run all those multi-day trips and insist on pumping air.

No thanks.

---
Ken

I did my first two-days trip with the Peace diving on air. It sucks because I was always pushing the NDL limit after the second dive. Never again. Nitrox all the way, baby!!!

Just to clarify that the Peace has Nitrox (32%) available. I was not Nitrox certified then.

Anyone have experience with liveaboards on both charters?

I have been on one of the Truth boats and I am interested in trying the Horizon as well. I enjoyed the Truth, despite the spartan sleeping accommodations. Good value and crew.

I will be using Horizon for the first time in March. Doing the over nighter March 26 -27 to San Clemente Island . This will be my first time using Horizon Charters. I was impressed with there web sight and all the information that it has. When i did call to set things up for the trip they E mailed me all the nessary paper work to print out ,fill out and return to them. I am looking forward to diving with them very much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom