Catalina Two Harbors Kayak & Shore dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeffco2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Howdy, A group of us are going to going to Two Harbors and camping there. We want to hunt lobsters and want to rent kayaks as a means of transportation to and from the dive sites. Any suggestions from anyone who has done this before? Where are the best dive sites that are legal for bug hunting that are easy to Kayak to? Where can one beach a Kayak and do a shore entry vs. tie off to a mooring? I'll be with a group with varying experience, beginners to instructors. All have been trained in cold water.

Thanks,

Jeff

Well, you may have some problem with that. The West End Marine Invertebrate Reserve stretches from about Arrow Point to Lion's Head Point, cutting off most pf the shoreline north of Two Harbors and the USC-Blue Cavern Reserve is just around the bend to the south. I haven't taken bugs since 1975 so you might just check CDF&G to see if any bug hunting is allowed in the former reserve. If you paddle south of the Blue Cavern reserve you hit Sea Fan Grotto and the Empire Landing Quarry where I think you'd be fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom