Truth Aquatics Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decidedlyodd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking at a 4-day Channel Islands liveaboard with Truth Aquatics where half the boat is a dive shop charter and half is sold by the operator directly. Most of the reviews I've come across have been very positive, but I'm concerned that several of the negative reviews have mentioned trips being cancelled last minute because of too few booked passengers.

Is this a real concern for multi-day trips or am I worrying for nothing? It has me concerned that the boat still had most of the operator-sold spaces available when I last called.

The operation is first class. I've never had a trip canceled in the past. Of course weather related closures depend to a large extent on the season and destination(s) involved. Trips canceled due to weather outside of the usually quiet summer and early fall are certainly possible since even though this is the "Pacific" Ocean it can get pretty bumpy in the region these boats travel. Hopefully trips are only rarely canceled due to insufficient numbers because these boats are certainly among the finest in our region.

I'm going to be traveling from Seattle for a family function but noticed the trip as cool opportunity for a few days beforehand. I suppose cancellation due to conditions or other extenuating circumstances is always a risk anyways. Thanks for the info everyone.

Sent from my Mazaa using Board Express

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom