First post! Looking for dive partners! Boat trip - Dana to Ensenada!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NICKSLICK

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everybody. Just found this forum. Long time diver here!

Anyway, I am planning a DANA POINT to ENSENADA trip on or about Jan 17 for about 2 weeks of fun in the sun.

Im thinking about it hard.

MAP.JPG

1133936_1.jpg

leave on or after Jan 17 for up to a 2 week trip to ensenada or beyond.

144.5 miles each way
100 gallons of gas each way
2 miles per gallon
average 5 hours per day travel
average speed is 20mph
one day in ensenada
one day scuba/snorkeling diving at least....

now if i could only find a good first mate... who dives... and has half the money... :lol:

If your interested, post here.

p.s. I also do a lot of Catalina diving and have been looking for dive buddies to share in the adventure, provide a solid partner for diving, and share in expenses...

wow. this is unlike any forum i have ever seen. a new member trying to hook up, and not so much as one post or even a welcome.

oh well, i tried.

:upset:

Sorry for the delayed welcome...the forum has been undergoing a few changes recently which may have inadvertently caused your post to be overlooked...Couple that with the holidays...Oh well...

Welcome!

Lots of folks are here, and many will soon respond, I'm sure.

Just a thought...Dana Point is in Sol Cal, right? Since the forum has recently been resplit back to Northern and Southern Cal, you might want to try the So Cal forum (instead of the No. Cal. forum where it is now) for possible dive buddies...

Good Luck!

Hi Nick! That sounds like a fantastic trip you have planned! I wish my vessel was capable of such a distance. If you ever do weekend trips, day trips, night trips, myself and my buddies would love to join in. We have a tough time getting to Catalina from Dana with 8 tanks, 4 divers and my 17' Whaler, but we manage. I can't wait for the trip reports when you return.

C'ya, Kyle

Hi Nick - I didn't respond since it seemed as you were asking a specific question re: your trip (which sounds cool, by the way)....

since you weren't...

Welcome!! :D

Don't have two weeks in January and DP is a tad too far to board a boat for a day trip. So, my post is completely not interested :)

Good luck with your trip. Not sure the destination is worth so much work, though...

Hey Nick,

I live in San Diego, but would be interested in some Catalina diving and spliting the costs etc. PM me.

Thanks

Aqua Guy

I should let you know in advance that I too have just joined this site. I am also looking for good dive buddies here in the L.A. area.
Your trip sounds amazing. Have you been successful in your search for a first mate???
:) Nique

Hello Nick, sounds like all of us new divers have the same problem? the lack of a network of Buddies!

Two weeks ago, I was certified, I went on one dive the next day.

I hope to hook- up w/ a DM, from Sports Chalet, on the 12-14-03
it was very hards, & sometimes frustrating, trying to find a person that will dive w/ a newbie, as myself.

I've been looking on line for three days for dive buddies, & most of the sites old. I'm glad I found this board.

Two weeks off?? I'm luck if I can exscape for the weekend!
without the phone ringing with a problem?

Goodluck w/ your trip, & locating a buddie.
Max Fernandez
I hope this works it's my first time. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom