SoCal Dive Reports Nov-Dec 03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pasley

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Shaws Cove, Laguna Beach Friday 28 Nov 03

Went to Shaws cove for an 11:00 a.m. dive to work off yesterdays turkey. Conditions were very iffy, with monster 6" waves. Being long on desire and short on brains we decided to brave them any way. We struggled through the surf zone, I got slapped in the shin by one particularly large wave. Visibility was extreamly limited at only about 20-25 ft. The swell was huge and was at least as tall as a pancake. :tease:

Saw the usual suspects, including one nice sized octopus in his hole and an absolutly beautiful barred sand bass of about 3ft length. Dove in and out of the nooks and crannies, going over to cresent bay and back. All and all a great day. Shaws cove was rather busy.

I looked for a lost camera someone replorted missing, but it is still lost.

Were you with a male or female buddy? At 11:00 I was probably underwater going through the same cracks!

You forgot to mention the 2"-4" surge that on occasion would cause you to have to hold on to a pebble to keep from being washed about.

I was diving with two other guys, both of them in dry suits and DUI divers. They let this non beliver tag along. One had doubles on. All in all a great day for diving. It is days like today and last Sunday at Long Point (Marineland) that get you hooked. Tehre was a lot of folks at Shaws today. Almost crowded.

I think we crossed paths in the crack. We were coming out as three divers were going in. They waited we came through. I thought I saw one guy with doubles.

Great day of diving!

Yup, that was us. We waited for you to come out. It was a great day for diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom