Any dive spots close to long beach?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jesus-fish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

My wife and I will be in long beach 6/23 thru 6/26. Does anyone know if there are any sites worth diving close to long beach? We will be stoping off in long beach for a wedding after a week of diving in san diego. I will have an 18ft zodiac, and all of our gear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Chris

You can take your boat out of the Cabrillo boat ramp to Palos Verdes......Then the dive spots are endless and some of the best.

There are many sites south of Long Beach including Newport Beach, Corona del Mar and Laguna Beach. Palos Verdes to the west has many excellent sites, and there are more than a hundred artificial reefs, wrecks and rockpiles offshore between them all. What type of diving are you looking for? Kelp, deep, wreck or a combination?

GoogleEarth_Image.jpg

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showfull.php?photo=179861

We like to dive in kelp, I would say 70 ft max. wrecks would be good, I'm not really looking to penetrate any wrecks but to cruise the outside would be sweet. As long as they are not much deeper than 70'.

Thanks for the replies any other info would be appreciated.
Chris

---------- Post added ----------

I may also need a place to park the boat and trailer near long beach. Any suggestions??? .......Any cheap suggestions?

Thanks again,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom