Looking for a buddy Dec 9, 11 (night), 12

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divegirlFL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Everybody!

I'll be in California for meetings this week and would like to get some diving in as well. I'm available for diving the afternoon/evening of Tuesday, December 9, possibly the evening of Thursday, December 11 and all day on Friday, December 12.

I'll be staying in Laguna Beach. My plan is to dive Catalina on Friday.

Let me know if anyone is available to buddy up. I'm an AOW and nitrox diver from the other land of the big fat rat, Florida.

Gentle Breezes,
DivegirlFL aka Terry

I was there for you, until I caught the sniffles last night. Oh well. Enjoy the diving.

I would suggest www.sandeaters.org. Sign on and send an e-mail out from the calander page, someone will respond and dive with you from that group.

Wednesday night you will usally find a group at Vets Park, Redondo Beach at 7:00 p.m.

If you can't find someone closer to Laguna, you may want to check this out...a page from an LDS that does a night dive in Redondo Beach.

http://www.reefseekers.com/continued_education.html

One thing: you don't want to do a beach dive after a rain. Storm water here drains directly into the ocean and carries all kinds of nasty germs in it.

We are diving tonight out of Laguna Beach. You are welcome to join us. We will probably do 2 tanks tonight starting around 6pm. We will be diving from a huge 17' whaler:) .4 people total of you decide to join us. Depth from 25-50, temp around 54.

Call me at 949 300 6236 if you would like to join in tonight.

Kyle

Enjoyed the dives! Too funny, being all alone at the dive park, but the weather was great and the diving was very mellow.

Next time you're in So Cal, give a holler and we'll do it again. Same for any other non So Cals - drop a note here, and we can hook you up!

I'll PM you the metrics and dive specs.

Thanks -

K

Thanks to Ken Mo2vation for a fun dive day on Catalina. 3 dives and I wasn't cold in the water. Topside between dive 1 & 2 was windy & cold! It was great to have someone to buddy with that knows the area well and put up with a non-CA diver.

Thanks also to South Coast Divers who I joined on their Tuesday night dive to Deadman's Cove off Laguna. I had a great time and saw some of the biggest starfish in my life. As well as a horn shark, ray and 2 yummy looking lobsters that ended up in a bag.

Rented my gear from Sport Chalet which was good overall. Didn't know that CA dive shops don't normally rent fins so I had to buy a pair. Didn't like them at all! Sport Chalet was great in returning them without question.

I look forward to future meetings to CA where I can extend for a dive day or two. If anyone makes it to my area (Atlantic side of FL) just drop me a line and I'll see what I can do to return the generosity of SoCal members. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and buddy assistance.

divegirlFL once bubbled...
Hi Everybody!

I'll be in California for meetings this week and would like to get some diving in as well. I'm available for diving the afternoon/evening of Tuesday, December 9, possibly the evening of Thursday, December 11 and all day on Friday, December 12.

I'll be staying in Laguna Beach. My plan is to dive Catalina on Friday.

Let me know if anyone is available to buddy up. I'm an AOW and nitrox diver from the other land of the big fat rat, Florida.

Gentle Breezes,
DivegirlFL aka Terry

Sorry I missed your message. Next time you're out this side of the continent, send me a message if you're looking for a dive buddy. Were you able to get wet when you were in SoCal?

JT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom