Public Pool for scuba training in LA area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dytis-sm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was wondering if anyone knows of a pool in the LA area where I can practice with my scuba gear? I am not an instructor or doing training with anyone else. I showed up at a community pool with scuba gear and thought I was crazy... Any scuba friendly pools in the west side?

I'd say ask a local shop about their pool day and join in.

I did but unfortunately they are questioning liability. It is funny that it is nobody's liability if you go to the ocean and drown, yet it gets complicated doing it in a controlled environment with Scuba professionals around. Lawyers suck...

Nobody is going to let you just "show up" to a pool with scuba gear and "hop on in". Even most condo associations prohibit it. I believe fnfalman is referring to a "supervised" open pool session.

call Pacific Wilderness....They should be able to help you.

Well I think you need some instructor at initial level because its really hard without any instructions and also not safe. After learning the basics of diving you can do it by your own. Because in pools the depths is too much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom