Maybe, It should be Southern Califonia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZTinman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, so the Coronado Islands are in Mexico and you've got to have a visa to boat dive there legally, but it's only an hour and twenty minutes south of Mission Bay in San Diego.

Made the trip south of the border with the crew from Waterhorse Charters on the Humboldt on Saturday. Overall, it was an excellent trip. While I was hoping for more sea lion action, I managed some good pics and even worked with the video function of my Nikon D7100. Nope, I'm not ready to start posting video yet, but I've posted a few pics.

With the absence of large animals, I clicked a lot of diver photos (I often get request from other divers for photos). To the young couple in the attached photo, sorry, I don't know who you guys are, but the young lady in the photo has amazing eyes.

For those of you who haven't tried a trip on the Humboldt yet, it's a really good op.

-AZTinman

Blacksmith 4 Web.jpg

Fish 2 - Coronado Isl Web.jpg

Sea Lion 2 - Coronado Isl Web.jpg

Diver 9 Web.jpg

Garibaldi 1 - Coronado Isl.jpg

Garabaldi 2 - Coronado Isl Web.jpg

No, I didn't see any trigger fish. According to others on the boat, seals and sea lions were far less numerous than usual at the sites we hit as well. Guess some of the critters must have taken Easter weekend off... maybe off visiting relatives or something.

-AZTinman

Nice pics! The 'Nados are very hit and miss. The urchin population has completely deforested the kelp so it's a lot of bare rocks and less life/biodiversity than we get closer to San Diego. When the vis is good and the surface plays nice it's still a decent dive. Better to stop halfway and dive the Hogan and the Missile Tower imo ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom