Catalina Express weight limits - leaving Avalon!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geoff w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Today somebody told me the Catalina Express is going to install scales to weigh baggage on the way back, in addition to the way there. Anyone else heard rumblings about this? What are they going to do when everything weighs more because it's wet after a day or weekend of diving?

I left Wed.. no scales in place then. Hope they don't start weighing passengers.

Twice I've had my dive box weighed now at the long beach port, basically took my tank off the top, then took my weight bag out, then once I got in line slipped weights back in and strapped tank back on, but never on way back

Here is the policy as of May 2011: Special Luggage Information

At the bottom it states Note: Returning suits that return wet are not an issue and will be permitted aboard.

I think this weight rule sucks because my buddy and I have a packing system and we always follow the rules of one trip down and the instructions of where to put the gear (back or front of the boat). No crew has ever touched my bag nor I ever asked for any help.

Back
Top Bottom