Nudis, Rocks Stars and Fans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Conditions at Golf Ball Reef were slightly less than horrible this morning. The wind came up at 10:00 so we rushed for cover after one dive. Most of the usual suspects were hiding from the surge and dirty water. I decided to try something a little different today. I don't usually shoot sea stars and gorgonians.
They're just too easy, not moving and all.

GolfBallReef9_zpse2755e84.jpg

GolfBallReef8_zps632339c5.jpg

GolfBallReef11_zps0b8a59a0.jpg

GolfBallReef7_zpsad730f7e.jpg

GolfBallReef5_zps10c8485e.jpg

GolfBallReef10_zpsbd4ce053.jpg

GolfBallReef6_zpsda5fc40e.jpg

GolfBallReef4_zps7ba9d19e.jpg

GolfBallReef3_zps6bf099b1.jpg

GolfBallReef2_zps156f1385.jpg

GolfBallReef1_zps82d8aed9.jpg

You're trying to outdo Merry's octo picture, aren't you? The sequence of the corals closed and open is absolutely fabulous.

But what is the picture with the purple and yellow and white? I stared at it for a long time, and can't get it.

You're trying to outdo Merry's octo picture, aren't you? The sequence of the corals closed and open is absolutely fabulous.

But what is the picture with the purple and yellow and white? I stared at it for a long time, and can't get it.
It's the skin texture of a Bat star. I tried to get as close as my camera would focus.

---------- Post added June 16th, 2014 at 04:14 AM ----------

Crazy stuff!!!

I wonder how tiny is that perching shrimp?
I couldn't even see it. They live on gorgonians. Some are big enough to see, others live in a tiny world of their own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom