How about a nice dive this Sunday???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
We've got the Asante (formerly the Sea Bass) booked for this Sunday. It's our Palos Verdes "Wreck Special" where we'll start at the Palawan, then hit the Avalon, and then perhaps even the Olympic. If not there for #3, maybe Old Marineland (aka Terrana) or Hawthorne Reef.

The Asante's been totally refurbished and tricked up with new engines and hauls . . . mass. Hopefully your mass, along with mine and whomever else. Because of Asante's new-found speed, we'll get in the dives at a leisurely and still be back at the dock around 3PM or so (time to get in 9 holes of golf after the diving).

This weekend marks the official start of summer and the weather looks great and the swell appears to be co-operating. We are admittedly light for this trip but I'm committed to running it regardless of how many we have (max is 12) partly because I like going to these spots and we don't get a chance to do it often. Come on and join us!!! Give me a call at 310/652-4990 and join the fun.

- Ken

For those of us who aren't familiar with these wrecks, what are the dive profiles like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The Palawan is in 100-125'. The Avalon is nearby and sits in 65-70'. The Olympic II sits in 100' of sand with 30 feet of relief at the stern and bow.

Hawthorne Reef is in 75' with 15-25 feet of relief.
7168672792_208c876c92_b.jpg

Marineland offers a variety of diving from five feet to 150'.

Ken, Awesome, how were the dives? Were you lucky enough to have any new to the site's divers on the boat? Just curious to know, and how they reacted to new wreck dives experiences in the area. And if you were only with "the regulars" that have been there before and or multiple times, including yourself, was there anything unappealing in the post dive stories detailing the specific dives. Your input here will go a long ways in determining my goals. Thanks a lot

That's ok Ken, if you ever check your notifications and get this far, please disregard my inquiries, perhaps next time you're selling spots on a boat I'll try to get in a day before you go. Or maybe I can join your club Reef Seekers, then I could be in the loop!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom