Anyone wanna dive with me at Avalon Dive Park July 19/20?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leejnd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to be in Avalon the weekend of July 18-20, and will be bringing my dive gear with me. What I am NOT bringing with me is a dive buddy. I'm taking my daughter there for her birthday, and she's a non-diver. She'll want to spend lots of time paddleboarding and sunbathing. So while she's spending time above the water, I'll have lots of time to go under the water.

Anyone plan on being at the dive park that weekend, and available for some dives?

Dr. Bill? :blinking::kiss2: Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

I thought I'd bump this up to the top. Heading over to Avalon tomorrow, will be there through Sunday night. I'm bringing my dive gear and WILL go diving, even if I have to solo...but I'm hoping someone will be there who wishes to buddy up.

I haven't been to the dive park in a couple of years so I'm really looking forward to it!

I'd love to...but won't be there. :-( It shouldn't be too hard to find a buddy.

Have fun!

Hi Russ! Can't you make a special trip??? :blinking:

A virtual dive, huh? Well, howzabout I post my pics afterwards, so you can experience it after the fact. :)

I'm sure there will be plenty of people there, and hey maybe I'll run into someone I know. That has happened to me there in the past.

What? Dive the park during the day in summer? Not likely but who knows. In summer I avoid the crowds and do only night dives, but almost never on weekend nights... they are reserved for karaoke. Will probably see you down there though.

I know, crowds...yuck. :) I don't like 'em either, but I'm gonna be there and I haven't been diving at the park in a couple years so I'll brave the crowds and fight my way to the stairs.

Hey I'm up for some night diving if you're interested! Definitely do not want to night dive solo, but if you feel like buddying up with me I'll bring my can light.

Meanwhile I have a question...I've decided not to bother dragging my tank onto the ferry. What's the best way to rent a tank there?

Rentals are right there at the park. They even have a selection of steel tanks as well!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom