Thanksgiving Dive Boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We are interested in driving down to Santa Barbara/Ventura or San Diego to dive over Thanksgiving week. I don't see much scheduled for the dive boats in this area. Are most of them only doing weekend trips during that time?

The Peace out of Ventura has an open-boat day trip to Anacapa on that Friday. We were thinking of booking for that day.

I noticed that the San Diego boats offer trips most days of the week through September and October and then drop off to almost nothing during November and December. Are there too few divers interested in winter dives???

I noticed that the San Diego boats offer trips most days of the week through September and October and then drop off to almost nothing during November and December. Are there too few divers interested in winter dives???
That is odd. For the past few years, Thanksgiving and Christmas in LA/OC, have been ion the 70's and 80's, and there are usually plenty of people diving.

Absolutely not! Especially bug hunters. There are lobster-hunting trips going on through the whole bug season (Oct thru Mar).

Many of us dive all through winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom