California Lobster Season 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't wait! I'll be on the 3-day Catalina trip on CeeRay.

We will be on the Conception 11/8 - 11/9 it's my son's first lobster trip I can't wait!!

I'm gonna be on one of the Truth Aquatics 2-day trips in October, it'll be my first lobster hunt. I don't consider myself a natural hunter, and I'll be happy if I just get my hands on one once. Really excited for it, but I have a dumb question: I'd like to dive in a rental drysuit - but if I get into a clumsy struggle with a spiny lobster, could it damage the suit?

I personally would not use a dry suit. My buddies and myself all use wet suits when we lobster dive and usually it's our old ones if you're really hunting your going to be doing some digging around and you'll end up with some urchin spines or scuffs on your suit or you. Also bring some Kevlar Palm gloves you don't mind ruffing up. I usually bring my older gear so I'm not too bummed if it gets banged up a bit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom