Malibu Beach Thursday 23rd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shotgunuk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Peeps,

I'm spending the day near Malibu Beach this Thursday and should be able to get away for a dive.

Anyone fancy buddying up?

Check conditions carefully. Saturday was OK, but Sunday was pretty poor visibility, with a northwest swell expected to bump up the waves by Tuesday. On the bright side, the water is still incredibly warm!

Hey shotgunuk. I'll be available Thursday morning if you don't mind diving with a relative newbie. I'm in Torrance so there's always Palos Verdes nearby if Malibu doesn't work out.

Hi Aki,

I've done most of my diving in the UK but only one in socal and that was with CDAM yesterday. If we were back home I'd take you up on your offer but since I don't have any local knowledge it wouldn't be a sensible thing to do :(

If conditions are crappy you can always go on the Magician out of San Pedro and get back to Catalina. Friday is open boat day so for $120 you get all your meals, air fills and a three tank dive in a protected cove in Catalina. They are at Magician Scuba | Diving Southern California's Channel Islands When conditions are crappy on our side of the ocean, there is a perfect diving spot in Catalina with the drawback of a bumpy ride getting there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom