At least we had a portent of nice conditions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Before 8 a.m., there was enough breeze that we could hear halyards clanking in the marina. This is usually not a good sign, but we were determined to get in a dive. So we motored to Red Cars in a 1-2' mixed swell with some punch behind it. Dropping into delightful blue water got my hopes up until we were ~10 ft. off the bottom when everything turned into a sand storm.

While Phil slaved away with his wide angle lens, I went the other direction with a 105 mm. I'd forgotten how much this lens likes fish. As we headed in, Scott Susoeff and Ian Uhalt were heading out in the Bat Ray. Hope they found more consistent vis.

What are YOU doing up here?
SandbassinkelpDSC_8387_zpsf4ececed.jpg

CabezonbrDSC_8385_zpsadcc6a61.jpg

CupcoralDSC_8363_zps5db89aac.jpg

SmalljackmackerelbrDSC_8373_zps55096c42.jpg

ToothysheepheadDSC_8371_zps604a4569.jpg

I love the last photo, with the two eyes looking in different directions. He looks drunk . . .

I love the last photo, with the two eyes looking in different directions. He looks drunk . . .

Nah, just narced... and that sheephead is still a "she."

actually the bass looks stoned to me... M&P, that Sheepy looks like PSD IMO:cool2:, he'll understand, but of course he's a she, thanks Bill...

Back
Top Bottom