Naked Dive Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

merxlin

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've only seen our waters like this a few times in my 45 years out here on the island. The 1982-84 El Nino was bad as were the 1998 and 2006 warm water events. I don't remember much about the 1978 event but I wasn't diving much that year due to work.

Thanks for posting the video, I have been too busy teaching this year so I have not made it out to the island since before the summer season. Over 20 years of diving there and I have never seen that area without plenty of kelp.

Thanks for the video. I will be out there in December for a couple dives. Oh well, on the bright side it will be harder for the fish and critters to hide when I try to photograph them. Will miss the kelp.

I was *hoping* for something completely different!

So how come there is still some Kelp in Pt Loma off San Diego but not at Catalina which is further north?

Back
Top Bottom