Would are some good 'secret spots' for Lobster diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mangoconchile

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I just got my fishing license+lobster report card and am looking for dive for some lobsters for the first time. Here are some places I am already aware of, have dove that are not MPA's. Let me know if I'm missing any nice spots :cool2: preferably shore accessible.

Places Iv'e dove:
Reef Point(Newport)
Honeymoon Cove
Christmas Tree Cove
Neptune Cove
Vets Park
Point Fermin

Places I'm aware of that haven't dove yet:
Redondo breakwall
Malaga Cove
Haggerty's
Possibly some parts of Malibu and Dana Point

Double-check the Game /MPA/ Local Regulations de Jour but Dana Pt breakwater in the past was good, entry was rocky and calm seas were needed. I have recently caught lobster in various parts of Mission Bay, San Diego, though the Mission Bay diving experience is very shallow, warmish water of dubious quality, eel grass, poor viz, grabbing very wary lobster. (watch out re boats and currents and obstacles/lines - bring cutting tool for sure) Good idea to scout either during a familiarization day dive/snorkel. Mark the exit well with lights. Don't get lobster fever.

PS (Mango, You should update your profile, 0-24 dives, as it makes you look like a rookie diver and people will tell you to learn to dive first then learn to night dive..then learn to hunt lobster...and they'd be right !)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom