new outta sight diving insight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Ocean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hope everybody's Christmas and holiday cheer was at it's highest for So Cal Scuba boarders. Didn't get in any dives but last Sunday went with a colleague on a local fishing trip from a 5 year old gift certificate! Very close to a popular but out of site difficult to hit. The target was Yellowtail (love those amberjacks and jills) at about 200ft depth. Gnarly sized sardines painlessly pinned on a 6 O or O 6. 6 aught, thick. 20lb test line that's 20 yrs old. Nobody is getting bent rods. Tiny rock fish all legal but no yellows, The guy that took me gets a rock solid hook with what seemed like the bottom was swimming away. Oh and a whale was present. But after wrestling this unknown beast, for 10 mins, finally it shows some barn door colors "White." Then wouldn't ya just know it, if Bull California Sealions can get 500lbs this one was every bit of that and lazily came to get food for a couple days. He starts a slow tow out of sight, then lets go..The angler then has some more pumping to do and the ol dog wanted it back. got another hold on it for the same thing and then let it go. Meanwhile I'm watching thinking it's toast. I gets pulled in equal to the weight of a stuck anchor pretty close to the rails and big blubber butt, did a nasty display of public bullying. He grabbed it with a splash and began his swim away...Over the horn, Captain says, reel em up we're gonna go and try to get that fish. Still hooked but being towed toward the beach, Sea lion had it was reaching the curvature of the earth away. Capt "backs" up and catches up with this bull who by then looked sad, slightly over weight and gasping for ail, all that work and the fight was still on. And for the first time I seen that happen, a little bit of patient reasoning out did the the old dog. He did follow it with a bite hold "tail grip: and claw marks on the on the scratched flatfish. It wasn't all that big but the fish had one crappy ass day! 25lb California Halibut. Won the Jack Pot also.

Long story short 5 mins later I get duplicate actions and after two long runs I'm thinking this fish has to be getting out of breath. I was pouring sweat wearing a jacket that I couldn't take off. I was wrong, it went for a final one way ticket to run #3. I've never seen a fish just do that. It didn't seem bothered by the pressure, but swam away until the hook left it's lip. (could've been a black seabass? I'm guessing a 40lb halibut.) Oh well, get him in 5 years. You know what I noticed here on Scubaboard So Cal popular posters new or reposted threads? If anyone wants to silence them...have me ask a question that might indicate I share the same social dive website, same ocean, same air as them, that seals the deal. done. Hey I did find something while studying, investing in my e-Phd home study course, by accident you could say, it was recess, smoke break. JK! Don't smoke. But the last crappy meaningless bunch of dive information or request of mine got pilfered with the usual insinuations...Something about mushrooms and lycergic acid diathylamide, and at first I didn't get the joke, then felt bad that my dive buds would say that, without real sense of humor...but like all distractions purposeful or not, ignore it and it goes away..lol but not me! Wait, not like me!! For paranoid viewers this is not spam... Recreational drug use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia And I do not advocate promote condone or use except legal dosages a beer every now and then and the smoke off your boat, that would ever develop chronic additions to it. It's why I'm addicted to diving. But I'm no dealer, haven't found the quality stuff yet.

But look at the wiki pedia and go to Evolution[edit]Cave art, possibly NeanderthalGenetic research has indicated that man and his distant ancestors "may have evolved to counter-exploit plant neurotoxins".

The ability to use botanical chemicals to serve the function of endogenous neurotransmitters may have improved the survival rate, conferring an evolutionary advantage. A typically restrictive prehistoric diet may have emphasised the apparent benefit of consuming psychoactive drugs, which had themselves evolved to imitate neurotransmitters.[4]"Emerging insights from plant evolutionary ecology and the genetics of hepatic enzymes, particularly cytochrome P450" have led researchers to believe that "humans have shared a co-evolutionary relationship with psychoactive plant substances for millions of years."[5] BAM! WOW!

Could it be? the loose lipped joking or insinuations wasn't done in poor taste that, the leading scholars of today's scuba divers in so cal forums may have been trying to "inform me to use?" Or could it be the reason they would want to insult by inaccurate insinuations because they didn't apply what has been shared in wikipedia? That is some far out stuff man!. But hey, I still like those that just seem so distant to be friendly. Not you Fnfalman, You are awesome! Happy New Years! PS the fishing day last sunday was a pitched and tossed wave day! Hang Ten Big.

---------- Post added December 26th, 2014 at 12:49 AM ----------

Now I put para graphs in there...where'd they go.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom