New Korean war-era Airplane wreck found off Mission Bay, San Diego

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Diver Discovers Korean War-era Airplane Off Mission Bay, San Diego | California Diver Magazine

Looks like there's a new wreck dive in the future. Amazing that this was found in Mission Bay, and at a diveable depth. . . .

Minor clarification, but not "in Mission Bay." Rather, off Mission Beach, in the ocean.

When I saw this on the news, I wondered whether divers might have known about it but just kept it quiet.

Great story, although the majority of wreck divers I know don't reveal the location of their finds to keep others from looting the site before they do. Very few are interested in preserving the site unless it's on their fireplace mantle. Some wrecks are dived for many years with only Mother Nature causing destruction, but then there are sites such as the Hogan where divers have picked it clean. There is always a dilemma to finding wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom