Point Loma/San Diego Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cking27

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all
I am currently stationed out here in San Diego living in Point Loma. My wife comes out here from Florida in a few weeks and really wants to dive some kelp beds. My question to you all is if there are any shore dives to the kelp beds within my immediate area (Point Loma/San Diego) and any tips for diving them. We both have a significant amount of experience but that doesn't mean we want to be fighting the current all day. Thanks a bunch!

Waterhorse charters. Nice boat. They will take you right to the kelp beds. Zero swim. You can do your own thing.

i don't think there's much if any shore diving off Point Loma due to the currents. The dive boats like Lois Ann and Humboldt ^ (Waterhorse Charters) dive the Point Loma beds leaving from Quivera Marina in Mission Bay. Waterhorse was out there today...

San Diego Scuba Diving,San Diego Dive Boats,Lois Ann Dive Charters Home Page

San Diego SCUBA Diving, Charter Boat Dives. Dive Trips - Waterhouse Charters

You can also shore dive the kelp beds off La Jolla Cove a little further north of you. Some details: Divebums - A San Diego Dive Website

Best tip - don't surface in it. If you get caught in it don't thrash and pull but reach down and snap off the stalks if you can. A knife helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom