Lunada Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr Carcharodon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone been out to Lunada Bay recently from the beach? I've been down to the beach several times recently and the the kelp there seems quite healthy. Bluff cove seems OK too but Malaga/RAT/Torrance all seem sparse. If there is good diving at Lunada or points south I'd go in a heartbeat.

Water has been green with less than five feet vis lately. The trail at Lunada Bay is pretty long for carrying a tank and weight. I've free dived there but never tried it with scuba gear. There is good diving off Resort Point to the southeast, and on very calm days you could dive the Dominator wreck on the northwest side, but you would probably have an easier hike at Honeymoon, Christmas Tree, Neptune or Marineland.

This is the short trail. Check out 5:26 for one of the "other" features of Palos Verdes diving. :)

Back
Top Bottom