Diving in the "Good Old Days!"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watchmanjc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I grew up in Santa Barbara area in the 60's and 70's. Our next door neighbor was a young, stock broker who owned a 20ft boat and was into scuba and spear fishing. He would come home with huge rock fish and large abalone. We enjoyed many meals from him. In my early adult years (80’s), I made several summer fishing trips out of Oxnard and Ventura. The fishing back then was good I thought; bass were large, rockfish large and plentiful. I didn’t fish after that for almost 20 years. The next time I went fishing was in the early 2000’s. I noticed a drastic decrease in both size and abundance off the boats.

Question; you guy’s who were into diving in the 60’s & 70’s, what is your recollection of marine life from back then and now?

These day’s I usually hunt with my camera, and do my fishing eating at the restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom