How do you find a dive buddy, or dive club?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I moved to San Diego over a year ago, and I have no idea how to get into the diving comunity here. I moved from Santa Barbara where I had a huge group of friends who dive, but here I have no one to go with. I have looked into clubs, but haven't found one that fits me. I guess I am not the kind of persone wo can just go diving with a person I don't know, so I have settled for not diving at all. Truth is I am sick of looking at my gear sitting in the corner not getting used. So I joined this board to talk to fellow divers and if anyone has any recomendations for a Dive club in San Diego, or a way to meet some fellow divers I would love to hear it.

I need one too...........let me know.

Shelly I just moved to San Diego and I too am looking for people to explore San Diego diving with. I won't be back in San Diego until the end of the month, but maybe we could get a Scuba Board San Diego dive going so we could all go diving and meet one another. Let me know how that sounds.

Sean

I hunted all over for a San Diego dive club myself. I tried a couple and was definitely dissapointed, until I found my current club. It was love at first sight. I felt at home as soon as I walked into the meeting, was warmly greeted, they got me involved, the club dives 3-4 dives a week, plus boat trips each month, etc, etc.....

I had been lucky enough to find an outstanding dive buddy before finding the club, but I have been on numerous club dives, with and without my buddy and had a great time. If you're interested, e-mail me or IM me, and I'll give you all the info. If you go to our website, www.bottombunchdiveclub.com
you can click on ' dive calendar' and check out some upcoming dives. All are welcome, members or not.

John A.
Krowsea@hotmail.com

...... besides the club,
If you live in San Diego and want to dive, no club is needed (as wonderful as they are), just let me know when you want to dive. I usually dive every Sunday morning, and try to get in one or two night dives a week. There is no excuse to let your dive gear get dry!

John A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom