Good News - Bad News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TekDiveGirl

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Good News - I am going to be home in San Diego 10/13 - 10/20!!!!! I am so excited because I have not been home in 22 months!

Bad News - due to my brain surgery 8/26 I am not allowed to liftmore than 10 pounds for 3 months which means I think diving is pretty much out of the question unless you can figure a way around it that I just don't see.

Well - if nothing else it will be great to put my ties in the sand and watch the sun sets over the PAcific again!

Kimber

Can you get someone to bring you your backpack in the water? I bet with some friends and some help, you'd be able to dive without lifting a finger. I know if I were your dive buddy, I would insist on giving you valet service :)

I don't know if I would go diving after brain surgery 8/26.........is your doctor ok with this??

ShakaZulu:
I don't know if I would go diving after brain surgery 8/26.........is your doctor ok with this??

Who asked him???? :06: just kidding.

Yes - at this point - my limitation is the weight lifting limitation.

I keep in very close contact with my surgeon. I have gone down a long road to getting healthy and pain free. Prior to my surgery my quality of life was a life not worth living. And that has been returned. I would not look at ruining it for a 60-90 minute pleasure.

Kimber

ryanarcher:
Where have you been for 22 months?

Lets just say that she has been going through a VERY DIFFICULT time in her life...

Checkout http://www.tekdivegirl.com

I don't personally know you Kimber, but welcome back to SoCal.

Wow Kimberly you are a brave girl.

I assume a congradulations is in order for your successful surgury.

Don't take things to fast but I am glad to hear you will be diving again soon!

SueMermaid:
Can you get someone to bring you your backpack in the water? I bet with some friends and some help, you'd be able to dive without lifting a finger. I know if I were your dive buddy, I would insist on giving you valet service :)

Awww thanks!!!! That maybe a possibility. I will have to think about that. I hate to inconvenience anybody. I am a pretty self-sufficient person used to doing it all on my own. I think the only way I would consider doing it would be boat diving where I can gear up in the water and remove my gear again in the water. I can have the DM hand it to me in the water and again take it out of the water.

A trip to the Coronados and the Yukon may be in my future! (-:

Kimber

ryanarcher:
Where have you been for 22 months?

Waterless hell *aka* Atlanta.

I will only be home for a week - but it sure will be nice!

My long term goal is to move back - but it unfortunately it won't be anytime soon. But we can all dream right!

Kimber

scubapro5:
Wow Kimberly you are a brave girl.

I assume a congradulations is in order for your successful surgury.

Don't take things to fast but I am glad to hear you will be diving again soon!

(-: Yes absolutely!!! From everything I can tell so far the surgery has been an absolute success! And I swear the haircut is not as bad as it looks!!!! (-; I will get some pictures taken when I am home!!

Thanks for the good wishes!

Kimber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom