Birthday dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robert Phillips

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone want to join me tomorrow on my birthday (cheesy?)
I was thinking Crescent Bay at 7:00 A.M. and two dives if conditions are good.
Let me know.
Robb

Sorry, I can't make it. Have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Robert Phillips:
Anyone want to join me tomorrow on my birthday (cheesy?)
I was thinking Crescent Bay at 7:00 A.M. and two dives if conditions are good.
Let me know.
Robb
Sorry, But somebody have to work so you can have fun.
Happy Birthday. :dazzler1:

Hey you have a happy Birthday, I'll dive with you in spirit as i'm studying.. or more likely pretending to study...

I would not mine joining for 2 dives, if you don't mind a newbie. I have under 20 dives logged. I was supposed to go today, but both of my buddies cancelled on me. I probably wouldn't be able to get there till about 7:30am.

If you are interested, please email me at teqp@yahoo.com or send me a PM so I can get my tank filled.

Thanks,
Phil

How much beach diving experience do you have? I do not mind diving with new divers at all, as long as you know how to call a dive if it is over your comfort zone. Some beach entries can be intimidating or difficult if you are not used to them. Crescent is a fairly easy entry, but if conditions are rough, can be a hard exit.
According to the LifeGuard report there is little to no surf at the moment, so should stay that way, though we may see a decrease in visibility. If so, one dive willbe okay.

It is raining right now (lightly) but should not cause a problem with conditions at Crescent unless it gets really heavy.
Crescent is one of the beaches that scores good even after rain for water quality grades.
TeqP:
I would not mine joining for 2 dives, if you don't mind a newbie. I have under 20 dives logged. I was supposed to go today, but both of my buddies cancelled on me. I probably wouldn't be able to get there till about 7:30am.

If you are interested, please email me at teqp@yahoo.com or send me a PM so I can get my tank filled.

Thanks,
Phil

Robert,

Happy Birthday! :dazzler1:

I wish I could join you, but I have previous commitments.

Hopefully, you and TeqP can get together for a dive. I think you would be a great person to go on a first beach dive with, so if he's never done one, it should be a real treat for him.

Talk to you soon and have fun!

Christian

Robert - Almost all of my dives have been beach dives. And almost all of the beach dives have been at Shaw's Cove & Seal Rock. I dove Seal Rock last weekend. According to Laguna SeaSports, Shaw's has 15-20' viz with 1' surf and 1-2'surge. To me that is a easy entry.

I would like to dive with someone with more experience than my buddies (newbies as well) because they always run low on air before I do. I usually end up with 900-1200psi left.

So, if 7:30am is ok, let me know. I have one steel tank and would go rent another tank for the 2nd dive.

TeqP:
I would like to dive with someone with more experience than my buddies (newbies as well) because they always run low on air before I do. I usually end up with 900-1200psi left.
Maybe we can get Robert a steel 200 for his B-Day to replace his steel 130 so that the rest of us can get full use out of our AL 80. He's a regular Hoover down there! :D

You know I'm just kidding you Robert! I just couldn't resist at going for the B-Day jab! :crafty:

If I remember correctly you really only dive with a steel 95.

Christian

I have 2 extra Alum 80's that I will bring along. I don't like to dive alum's with my drysuit, but I will do it for an easy beach dive.
So I'll have 3 tanks for tomorrow, so you don't have to rent.
I dive a 95 and can get an hour or so at 40' if I don't have to work too hard.
See you tomorrow.
Robb
TeqP:
Robert - Almost all of my dives have been beach dives. And almost all of the beach dives have been at Shaw's Cove & Seal Rock. I dove Seal Rock last weekend. According to Laguna SeaSports, Shaw's has 15-20' viz with 1' surf and 1-2'surge. To me that is a easy entry.

So, if 7:30am is ok, let me know. I have one steel tank and would go rent another tank for the 2nd dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom