New to the area and I need to dive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Talldiverman

Registered
Reaction score
I am new in the area and am dying to dive. I have lots of experience (300+ dives) and promise not to be a pain to anyone. :wink:

Please email me here or call me at 858-248-2826 if you are going out.

Rich

You've come to the right place! I'm just about to head out on vacation (5 hours and counting), but I hope to see you at a Wrinkle's Dive soon!

Talldiverman:
I am new in the area and am dying to dive. I have lots of experience (300+ dives) and promise not to be a pain to anyone. :wink:

Please email me here or call me at 858-248-2826 if you are going out.

Rich

if they are warm-water dives, you need to divide that number by 10
if they are boat dves, divide by an additional 3

so you may only actually have 10 dives....
that's ok, we were all there once.... :)

Welcome to so-cal
enjoy it
but just don't tell anyone about it

Scott

scottfiji:
if they are warm-water dives, you need to divide that number by 10
if they are boat dves, divide by an additional 3

so you may only actually have 10 dives....
that's ok, we were all there once.... :)

Welcome to so-cal
enjoy it
but just don't tell anyone about it

Scott

What if they are freshwater mountain lake dives with vis less than 5 feet and temperatures in the 50's? Times by 3?????
Moved from Utah where I think I have been in most lakes and not enough in the warm waters of the Carribean or Hawaii.
Are ice dives multiplied by 10, I have a couple of those too (a couple too many in all reality :11: )

With that math I think it all equals back into the hundreds :dazzler1:

I just promise not to be a burden and might just be a help to someone who needs a buddy
Rich

With limited ocean/beach diving experience you still need to divide :wink: but only by 5. The water here is in the 50's right now, but we have surf, surge, swells and constantly changing conditions.
Come join me for a dive next week and I'll fill you in on beacj diving protocols.
I'm in Orange County where you can find some of the best diving is So Cal.
I'll be diving next Sunday if youre interested.
Oh, and welcome to the board and to California!

I want to go this weekend, not too early, around 10am. Let me know if you are interested.

Welcom to SoCal and our diving world. Threre are lots of good dives and good people in the San Diego area to go diving with and you will meet many of them here.

Enjoy the diving.

Looks like you allready have a few people to dive with-- cool... But dont get too excited about shaka-- that pic isnt HIM--lol Though i do hear he is a good diver - just not quite as pretty as his icons--lol

Talldiverman:
What if they are freshwater mountain lake dives with vis less than 5 feet and temperatures in the 50's? Times by 3?????Rich

5ft vis........times 10
Ice dive.......in a wetsuit.........times 12
.......in a drysuit..........times 2-3

Robert Phillips:
I'll be diving next Sunday if youre interested.
Oh, and welcome to the board and to California!

Are you diving Laguna tomorrow (12th)?

Back
Top Bottom