Wrinkles Dates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since we are now about to decided on the date for the March Wrinkles Dive to Catalina Island, I thought I would bring this up.

Over the last couple of months people have mentioned to me that in addition to a fixed location, it may be nice to have a fixed weekend each month already picked out in advance.

This would cut down on all of the polls that we have and would allow people to plan well in advance.

For example, we could decide as a group that the Wrinkles dives would take place every month on the third weekend of the month. This would keep from conflicting with some major holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. We could also decide well in advance to shift to the 2nd weekend of a particular month if it conficts with something like the Catalina Cleanup.

Let me know your thoughts on something like this and if you have other ideas or like things the way they are.

Christian

I like it.... and as I mentioned to Christian earlier, I'd like to make some of them a Sunday dive for Robb and saf. They have both expressed wanting to join us once in awhile if its on a Sunday. Let's try to work that into the schedule once in awhile.

Fixed schedule works for me, Saturday or Sunday is fine. I probably won't be able to make it to the March gathering, for I will be leaving for Cozumel in the middle of the month for a week (Scuba Board Singles Trip!!! Whoooo hooooo!!! Can't wait!!!). I'm not sure if John would be able to make it, for he is in the middle of teaching a DM class and has a Rescue Class coming up the weekend of the 17th, 19th & 20th. Although he tells me, one of the beach dives with the class will be in Laguna somewhere. I will keep him posted for I know he really enjoyed the group last month.

Gee, I thought the title of this thread meant that Wrinkles was dating someone.

I for one would enjoy a fixed calendar. It might give me a better opportunity to attend some of the mainland dives. Looks like I'll even miss the March dive here on the island since I'll be diving the Florida Keys. Sniff.

Dr. Bill

I like a fixed date too. Preplanned locations, fixed dates. Makes it easy for everyone to plan their schedule in advance.

kelphelper:
I like it.... and as I mentioned to Christian earlier, I'd like to make some of them a Sunday dive for Robb and saf. They have both expressed wanting to join us once in awhile if its on a Sunday. Let's try to work that into the schedule once in awhile.
I'm not against rotating in a Sunday once in a while, but given the availability of a schedule of fixed dates through December, I wonder if this would still be necessary.

Maybe Robb and saf could let us know if having the knowledge of future dates for almost a year in advance would allow them to plan on a Saturday from time to time.

The only reason I don't like Sundays as much is that most people have to work on Mondays, so they feel pressure not to stay for an evening dive or dinner activity on a Sunday night. I'm not talking about myself here, but just expressing a generality that I'm willing to admit could be false.

Also, in the past when we have held the dive on a Sunday, they were still unable to attend. Don't read too much into this line, as I don't intend it in a negative way. I'm only pointing out that by rotating in a Sunday, we don't guarantee that this Sunday works for those whom we're trying to accomodate.

I'm anxious to see other's opinions on all of this.

Christian

Third Sunday of every month.............rotate: San Diego, Orange, Los angeles, Ventura couties in a specific order. Don't deviate the schedule.

Only options are:

beach
boat
fresh water

Neil

ICY ICE:
Third Sunday of every month...
Hey ICE,

Welcome back! I haven't seen you for a while.

So, are you saying that you think that we should schedule ALL the Wrinkles Dives on Sundays?

Christian

Hi Christian,
I would vote for a fixed sched., although I will miss the March event if it's on a Saturday, as I'll be in a seminar in San Diego. Sunday would work, though!
I would vote for 3 out of 4 Saturdays, with a Sunday thrown in a few times a year because my husband really likes you all and he teaches Every Saturday but is usually free on Sundays and would love to be able to hang with the BBQ crew a few times a year.
And I would STRONGLY support better diving conditions on Wrinkles's weekends so us not-quite-full-PHD divers can also enjoy the event.. :wink: (Hey, it can't hurt to ask!)
Thank you for asking... and fielding all the answers.
And in the final analysis, I love diving the Wrinkles events, will always hope to attend when I can, and will know that if I can't make one month I'll hope to attend the next. Serendipitous fun with great people!
Claudette

headhunter:
Hey ICE,

So, are you saying that you think that we should schedule ALL the Wrinkles Dives on Sundays?

Christian

headhunter:
Hey ICE,

Christian

Yes,

I rather have a definitive schedule that will allow me to plan several months in advance. Altough debrief would be cut short (most of us work on Monday's). I'm sure a pre-debrief on Saturday night for all the "heavy hitters" can always be an option. We'll see how the rest feel in the coming days.

Don't forget about the fixed rotation: San Diego, Orange, Los angeles, Ventura couties in a specific order.

San Diego:
January, May, September

Orange:
February, June, October

Los Angeles:
March, July, November

Ventura:
April, August, December

This will give us a variety of dive sites and venues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom