Stolen Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoTJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Malibu, CA is where I spend most of my dive time.
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Last night, between the hours of 12:00am and 6:00am, person or persons unknown stole most of my gear.
Cressi Sub Horizan, Black/Black
SCUBAPRO Impulse snorkle
SCUBAPRO MK25/S600
Aladin Prime Wrist
UWATEC SPG
Sherwood AVID BC L w/AIR2
SCUBAPRO Twin Jet Fins L Black
SCUBAPRO Everflex 7 mil suit XL Black/Black
O'nneal J7000 XLL Black/Blue
BodyGlove hooded vest
UK C-8 Rechargable Blue w/lobster gauge
UK SL6 Blue
2 UK MiniQ40 LED Black
UK SL4 Blue
Hendersen Hyperstretch booties 10
Wenoka Big Squeeze Titanium BC Knife
Scubapro k-25 Knife
Gold Pole Spear
Akona rollaway bag, the newer model with the frog in orange
Weight belt with two coated 8lbs, and one coated 2 lbs, black with black plastic buckle
Plus clips, retractors, spear points, the usual 200$ worth of odds and ends.
Taken from the back of my truck in Panarama City, in the parking lot of my apartment. It had a bed cover. (Distroyed)
If you see anyone wearing this particular combination, feel free to put a hole in my wetsuit.

Can you believe it, this is BS. This past week they stole a friends of mine car with all his KiteBoarding gear in it??? What is going on???

So sorry to hear about the gear being stolen, I know its a lot of time and money getting all your personal gear. For what's its worth, I've heard stolen gear has gotten sold on recycler.com, maybe it will show up there and you can get the people arrested. I doubt the thiefs will actually wear the gear.

I'll keep my eye out for that combination.

Scott

Bummer, hope your insurance covers it.

Check out the stolen gear registry on thedecostop.com and post up serials on there. Maybe someone will come across some of the stolen gear and return it to you. I am sorry to hear about your loss,

Matt

Reading this made me nauseous.
Hope it's insured and you enjoy buying all new gear.

wow, I am so sad :( As a student, I would literally die if my gear was stolen.... there is no way I could replace it. Speaking of which, is there diving insurance that pays for this? Im going to Mexico next week, and I am taking a bus from Tucson to Guyamas, so I want to make sure I am covered. Where can I buy insurance?

shaxs:
wow, I am so sad :( As a student, I would literally die if my gear was stolen.... there is no way I could replace it. Speaking of which, is there diving insurance that pays for this? Im going to Mexico next week, and I am taking a bus from Tucson to Guyamas, so I want to make sure I am covered. Where can I buy insurance?
That is so crappy! Here I was being sad that a wave stole my mask. I would be so pissed! I will gladly go theif hunting now with my hawaiian sling. Just know that I have the same sweet mask as you did. Beyond that you need to have either renters insurance or homeowners insurance. This is especially important if you are a diver. Car insurance doesn't cover things that aren't "attached" to the car. But renters or Homeowners covers your stuff no matter where. the airport, your car, garage etc. I own my house now so its mandatory, but if you rent its usually like 400-500 per year, and you can usually convince roommates to go in on it with you. I have had my bags stolen from the airport before, and it all got reimbursed. NO BRAINER.

John

That suks TJ, I'll keep an eye out for it....

Oh that SUCKS!!!!!

Make a renters or homeowners insurance claim. It will cover it less the deductible

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom