sony dsc-p71

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bebo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi to everyone and thank you in advance for all the help I can get.

I'm new to the sport and I'm already thinking about taking lots of pictures underwater. I own a Sony DSC P-71 and I want a marine case for it. I've seen on the internet a case, the MPK-PHA but it says is compatible with the DSC-P8 and P-10.

Does this mean I'm out of luck?

Thank u and I'll be waiting.

Never mind, I received answer from the guys at Sony...and I'm fried;-0

I'll save myself the typing...:(

But then again...Does ANYONE know of ANY casing of ANY brand that might fit my Sony DSC P-71?. I really love my camera, and wouldn't want to buy another one.
Please help:( .

If there's a place near you that stocks the current housings,
you could pop in your camera and see how close it fits.
It might not fit at all, it might fit but some of the buttons might not line up.
All of the new p series are close in size.

If you find a housing other than the actual sony,
it will probably cost more than it's worth.

Bebo I sorry but I'm fairly sure the Sony housing will not fit your camera. I have a DSC-P5 and MPK-P5 housing. The P71 is the same camera only slighly thicker which would be the problem in the UW housing (it uses 2 AA bateries). If you really want to keep that camera for underwater you're only choice is a Ewa UW plastic bag. They work with any camera, I used one for years with my 35 mm camera. For $600 you can still get a new P10 and UW housing.

Thnak u guys, really appreciate your effort. If I find anything I'll let u know.:)

bebo:
Hi to everyone and thank you in advance for all the help I can get.

I'm new to the sport and I'm already thinking about taking lots of pictures underwater. I own a Sony DSC P-71 and I want a marine case for it. I've seen on the internet a case, the MPK-PHA but it says is compatible with the DSC-P8 and P-10.

Does this mean I'm out of luck?

Thank u and I'll be waiting.
hello, I’m going on honey moon next month, i want to use my hold sony dsc-p71 to take underwater picture, bebo, did you found the marine case?

thanks...

Cédrick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom