Q: best macro solution for sony nex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coralgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I had just returned from diving trip from lembeh, manado bay and bunaken. I was using sony nex 5n and canon g12. I am currently using the chep housing (meike sony nex 5n 18-55 brand). I used this housing with the macro 30mm and i found it really hard to shoot the pygmy with the autofocus as the cheal housing does not provide focusing ring or diopter(wetlens) option.

I am thinking of upgrading the housing, has anyone try the 18-55 lens with diopter? How is the result? Will it provide better magnification compare to the 30mm with diopter? And ia it possible to use the 30mm
with manual focusing ring in 10bar or nauticam housing? I am thinking of getting either the 10 bar or the nauticam but i am cureently leaning to
the 10bar as the price is cheaper and i can use the price diffrence to purchase additional dome port for the 16mm and fish eyes converter and wetlens.

I am also thinking of the new olympus m5 the price nauticam housing is really good. But i am kinna reluctant to change my system as i already invest in many nex lens. The leica 45mm macro and the upcoming 60mm macro seems to be able to provide better focal lenght.
Please advise what is the best setting for macro for sony nex.

Please share your macro

Thank you, the picture are so nice. Which housing do you have? I am thinking of getting a 10bar, but the nauticam looks so good but pricey

Yes I used the 18-55 in Nauticam housing for my NEX7 with +10 Diopter as well as the Inon diopter. Macro 30mm hard to focus in close

Thank you, the picture are so nice. Which housing do you have? I am thinking of getting a 10bar, but the nauticam looks so good but pricey
Thanks, I don't know much about the 10 bar housing but the nauticam housings are very well built and worth the extra money if you can afford it.
You are very lucky living in indo, there are so many good locations for photography.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom