Inon AD Adapters for RX100 housing For sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interceptor121

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have a few mod kits for the Fix M67-28AD adapters to make it compatible with the normal Inon AD. Or otherwise I can prepare them all assembled ready to use.
Those allow connection of all Inon AD lenses to the RX100 housing. You will need either the Fix M67-ADF adapter (20$) or the FIX M67-ADF Pro ($160) plus the mod kit. The adapters don't work out of the box as they are for the 28AD lenses. An extension tube from Inon results in poor quality image.
With the normal ADF and mod kit the Inon UWL105AD+UCL165AD can be attached, with the pro adapter you can also connect the mighty UFL165AD

If anybody is interested get in touch I ship everywhere

With the pro adapter and the spacer kit, will the lens hood of the ufl165 then line up correctly?

Will that same adapter kit attached to the housing accept the ucl165 macro diopters in working order... if not then its back to square one, but having to unscrew/swap adapters to change from wide angle to macro?

While ive got you here, will the Ys-110 (non alpha version) work with the rx100. Thanks

---------- Post added March 9th, 2013 at 05:54 AM ----------

With the pro adapter and the spacer kit, will the lens hood of the ufl165 then line up correctly?

Will that same adapter kit attached to the housing accept the ucl165 macro diopters in working order... if not then its back to square one, but having to unscrew/swap adapters to change from wide angle to macro?

While ive got you here, will the Ys-110 (non alpha version) work with the rx100. Thanks

Yes it will work with all lenses, if you don't have the Pro the cheaper adapter will allow use of the UCL165 and UWL105 only

This is the adapter in the normal not adjustable version I put them all together for £35 the PRO looks exactly the same is the back of the thread that differs

P1000920.jpg

This is a picture with the UWL105 at 35mm equivalent actually the lens stops vignetting at 34mm

DSC00050.jpg

Finally not sure about YS110 it was a bit of a mistake from Sea and Sea that strobe...

Hi interceptor 121. you are a god (poseidon) sent right now for my query!. good morning from Cyprus (the economic crisis still here, but the "zenobia" wreck and amazing weather is also still here :)!). I am getting a recsea housing for the sony rx100 and I would like to add to it, from my old camera, an inon ufl 165ad and uwl105ad. can you assemble what i need to make both them work with the new housing? i understand (which if you may please confim) i will need a FIX M52-ADF Pro (not M67!) + the modification kit for the recsea housing. my email address is: divermariner@gmail.com as certainly interested to get this done. thanks and awaiting yours. divermariner.

p.s: i just confirmed that the original thread of the recsea housing is 52mm.

Last edited:
Hi there. I believe there are some little issues with the recsea housing that you want to check before spending the money. If you look at recsea.com the RX100 housing is not even in the list of products that are current. Currently those housings are being discounted for this reason so be careful you don't end up with a problem here.
If you still decide to have it I believe recsea does their own adapter for the AD mount and you cannot fit the FIX adapter as standard and assume it will work, maybe it is better to go with the recsea part if it definitely works with your lenses.
I based my work around Nauticam as they have a standard 67mm thread and generally there are no issues buying adapters made by others. With recsea it is not the same all the time

Hi guys,

pardon my lack of knowledge but why wouldn't the YS-110 work with the RX-100? as far as the flash is transmitted to the captor, the flash will trigger? and TTL should work (ok this may not be perfect) as far as a pre-flash is sent? correct?

The YS-110 strobe is for most a failed product from Sea and Sea. They in fact released the YS-110Alpha to save their reputation

This is the reason those strobes are found cheap second hand, basically they don't work

now that you tell me that I remember strange behaviours with an older one I used to have. Like being able to use TTL triggerring with a Canon camera in full manual mode. I didn't find it not to work though. Anyway if that's the case that's not due to RX-100 I believe, from what I understand.

Hi Interceptor121. Just to give you an update. I went for the AD Mount by RECSEA directly as suggested using Bluewaterphoto store. Scott and his team (who sold me the camera and housing too earlier) were helpful. all is working nicely for both the UFL165 and the UWL105 AD. I am now looking for the UCL 165 AD to complete the "family". thanks!

Dear all,
hello to everybody, I am new here and have a RX100 AD mount question. I have seen many posts on that subject, so I did not feel like opening a new thread but think that it might fit to this one.
I am looking for a good solution to use a macro, wideangle (and red filter) on a housing for the RX100, it could be D&D, Nauticam or Acquapazza, with bayonet mount.
I have seen the different answers from Interceptor121, already many thanks for that! In particular: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sony-snappers/448053-wa-lens-rx100-nauticam.html and http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sony-snappers/458742-rx100-uwl-100-vignetting.html. I still do have some doubts.
Does anybody know if the three housings D&D, Nauticam, Acquapazza have the same camera lens to port window distance, i.e. if they have the identical vignetting behaviour? The INON bayonet mounts seem practical but apparently introduce various degrees of vignetting, so need to zoom in, losing wide angle degrees and the 1.8 aperture of the RX100. The UWL-04, M67, though apparently very good, does vignette (zoomed out) with a D&D housing.
If I understand correctly, the problem is that the UFL-165AD is made for 35 mm cameras. See here the lens line-up at INON: INON Attachment Lens [Lineup] . The RX100 is a 28 mm camera, correct? So would the UWL-100 28AD, made for 28 mm cameras, fit without need to zoom in on the three housing? I could then eventually still add the dome for full wide angle and remain vignette free? Or is it the LD option that fits?
Many thanks!
Georg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom