Sony 10-18 f4 e-mount lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bgfspeedy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Dear all,

Just wondering if the new Sony 10-18 f4 e-mount lens will be the new WA flagship lens for UW photography with the Nex series (especially the NEX-7). Any UW reviews?
Also, has anyone seen the Nauticam port for it?
Cheers,

bgfspeedy

To be honest, im not crazy about macro but on my recent trip to Fiji i used the 16mm + fisheye with nauticam dome port. To get some macroshots i simply cropped the image in lightroom and it looks fantastic. The secret is getting as close as possible to the subject while still being able to focus. With the above combo, i think i had to be like12 or 14 inches away to get focus. Closer and it would not. But i do age that the10-18 Lorena is nice and that nautical should be releasing a lens port for it.

Thanks Anthony but a 2cm nudibranch will hardly show up there :). But agree do liek the 16mm in a dome and gettign up close. Was good for the Coron Bay wrecks for inside work. 50mm Macro now slated for later this year. 2 Zeiss primes coming in May 12 and 35mm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom