Emount zeiss 50mm macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cutting it close. I have a trip from Raja Ampat to Ambon planned for March. The lens should be out by then. However, if it doesn't fit existing Naughty ports I may be screwed. If you get any definitive answers to compatability with existing ports, please share. I always seem to be chasing release dates.

This is a truly large lens when you consider that is a 50mm macro or 75mm eqv. Compared to say the Olympus 60mm macro or 120mm eqv. it is quite big. This is a result of the difference in chip size and of course the fact that it is a Zeiss F/2.8 lens. For those considering the A7/A7r "full frame" cameras the lens sizes are going to grow even larger and the port sizes will need to be bigger as well. I don't think the standard Nauticam Mirrorless or Mini port sizes will work well for this system at all.

The length is 8.6mm. Yes have now heard February next year. perhpas in time for my Palau trip in March?

Which port will it fit in/work with?

I think you ment 8.6cm not mm for the 50 macro lens length, not being on the metric system I could be wrong. Looking at the photos of the Zeiss 50mm macro posted on the internet it appears to me that the lens is more like 110+mm looking quite large on the NEX cameras.

Amen to that brother, we should be metric.

I have read the 8.6cm on SAR and reported as a statement from Zeiss. But looking at the photos of the lens next to and mounted on the NEX-5t/r an over 100mm x 70mm +camera it sure looks a bit longer to me.

Guys. Have a look at the photos I posted the other day. It's almost identical to the 16-70 size wise. Also I posted last night on dpreview under the nex forum a few photos taken with the macro lens. Granted its firmware is not final but it is very sharp!

I have read the 8.6cm on SAR and reported as a statement from Zeiss. But looking at the photos of the lens next to and mounted on the NEX-5t/r an over 100mm x 70mm +camera it sure looks a bit longer to me.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that brother, we should be metric.

or sister :wink:
ha ha Thx Phil

---------- Post added October 31st, 2013 at 12:21 PM ----------

Guys. Have a look at the photos I posted the other day. It's almost identical to the 16-70 size wise. Also I posted last night on dpreview under the nex forum a few photos taken with the macro lens. Granted its firmware is not final but it is very sharp!

do you have a link to those?

---------- Post added October 31st, 2013 at 12:21 PM ----------

so 72 port?

---------- Post added October 31st, 2013 at 12:24 PM ----------

Photos are here:
50mm Zeiss E mount Photos!: Sony NEX Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

How close were you to that lens on the bottom 2 shots?

Back
Top Bottom