Need help. RX 100 Custom WB error 9900k

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jacpot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone!

I recently got the RX 100 M2. I have used it for 2 trips, and have a major problem. Whatever mode i am in.. P or M or others, I can never do a proper custom wb using my white slate/palm/sand/tank (even brown coral after reading it worked on the nex5). I always get the 9900k wb error popping up and end up having to manually adjust the temp which is really tedious when the conditions are not right. Does anyone have a solution for this? How can i do a proper manual wb? Am gng for another trip next week and really hope someone out there can help me out.

Thank you in advance.

Hi everyone!

I recently got the RX 100 M2. I have used it for 2 trips, and have a major problem. Whatever mode i am in.. P or M or others, I can never do a proper custom wb using my white slate/palm/sand/tank (even brown coral after reading it worked on the nex5). I always get the 9900k wb error popping up and end up having to manually adjust the temp which is really tedious when the conditions are not right. Does anyone have a solution for this? How can i do a proper manual wb? Am gng for another trip next week and really hope someone out there can help me out.

Thank you in advance.

I am using RX100 and yes the error pops up quite frequently but you just need to press the enter button to accept it. The results were not too bad. Me too just use my palm for MWB.

Hi
I got same error and there is not way I could avoid wahever tip I try.
I have to use the manual set of temperature.

I get the error too but accept and the photos come out fine. I feel like maybe the white balance is so far off that the camera can't figure it out precisely so it throws up the error. Probably because of the missing color spectrum.

I shoot raw also so I can correct and trouble shots also.

00wabbit is correct. There are two reasons to get a custom white balance error:
1. Your exposure is off scale (more than +2 and less than -2) in that case you get the error (even with values like 8000K)
2. The white balance is out of scale (less than 1000K that never happens or more than 9900K that does happen)

The custom white balance error occurs less when you use a filter as the filter already warms the color temperature of a few thousands K

When you get Custom White balance error 9900K and you accept it the results as long as you did custom white balance at the right exposure are as good as it can get

I am going to post a new tutorial on setting white balance on the Rx100 soon

00wabbit is correct. There are two reasons to get a custom white balance error:
1. Your exposure is off scale (more than +2 and less than -2) in that case you get the error (even with values like 8000K)
2. The white balance is out of scale (less than 1000K that never happens or more than 9900K that does happen)

The custom white balance error occurs less when you use a filter as the filter already warms the color temperature of a few thousands K

When you get Custom White balance error 9900K and you accept it the results as long as you did custom white balance at the right exposure are as good as it can get

I am going to post a new tutorial on setting white balance on the Rx100 soon

Cheers! Looking forward to your tutorial. Thanks everyone for your kind input!

Back
Top Bottom