nex 5n, new orings wrong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tony.dodunski

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I ordered new o-rings from a well known person for my nauticam nex5 housing, and whet i received is completely different from what i have. i emailed him to let him know, his reply was that they are correct. I sent him pictures, no reply…
surely its not standard practice to stretch an o-ring to shape, they're half the size of the ones from my housing!

heres what i have
nex5 orings.jpg

heres what ive received
wrong orings1.jpg

can anybody tell me if they're definitely right or wrong? and if wrong is there anybody close enough with nauticam they can exchange them, they're still unopened.

thank you

The grey ones look correct. That is what I have for my NEX7. They are fairly stretchy and they do need a little stretch to fit in to the groove but not by double. The sticker says it is for the Nauticam EPL2 with is the Olympus camera not sure if these are the same? Why not ring your local Nauticam shop? The post one will be smaller but they are also grey

Is the 2 inches the total diameter or are they looped over in half?

the grey ones are from my housing so they are correct, but the door ring has a knick.
the 2 inches is not looped over, its the total diameter. which is the other thing, they shouldn't both be the same size. they are.
logic would tell me one oring should be 3inches, one should be 5.
i travel alot, and im never in the same country, i emailed nauticam, waiting on the reply.

wrong orings2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom