Sea & Sea MDX-RX100 for Sony RX 100 and 100 II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. Looks very similar to the recsea in terms of controls and to nauticam for the closing laych. Has an m67 thread which is standard and seems nicely built. But I don't see anything more than what's already on the market

yeah, at the price point it's at, I don't see what separates it from the recsea and nauticam housings. now, if they dropped the price on it a few hundred, they'd be on to something.

I know this thread is from a few months ago, but does anyone have any views on the Sea & Sea vs the Nauticam? The Sea & Sea seems to tick all my requirements, but I have many great reviews for the Nauticam and none for the Sea & Sea...

Thanks!

Hi;

Yes, we shot it for a week down in the Sea of Cortez. It handles very well.

Knobs are much larger, particularly the front one. Drive gears inside are very sturdy. Layout is good and buttons are labeled. Many other features are about the same as Nauticam. Drop in loading, cam closure, etc. But for cold water use, or with gloves it's a pretty clear winner.

It doesn't have the leak detector built in like the Nauticam, nor the 8mm bolt hole for the more sturdy "housing mount ball". Metal cold shoe mount is a tad better than the plastic one on the Nauticam. But it does fit both the RX100I and II cameras. No word on the III as it hasn't been released.

We'll have a more detailed review and photos up on the site probably next week.

Thanks Jack, good to know. Thinking of going for it but was hesitating because of the lack of reviews.

Look forward to reading it, but you've reassured me that it is a reasonable choice! :)

Hi;

The review is up on the site now: A Newbie Shoots the Sony RX100II

I recently got a chance to shoot the Sony RX100 2 in a Sea and Sea MDX housing for a week during a live-aboard photo expedition in Mexico’s Sea of Cortez. During the trip I got a chance to use the set up in a variety of different conditions and arrays.
It was a big step up for me, first time using a new camera, new housing, dual strobes, wide angle and macro lenses and had it’s share of frustrations but in all a huge improvement over my G10 set up. more...

14419631137_565af58ee5.jpg S&S-RDXII.jpg

Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom