Sony RX100 Mark II Electrical Strobe Connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boo. Not good news. Tanks for the info.

But I also want to whine about your overly optomistic conclusion: 7.2 seconds down to 4.4 for flash recycle time is not a win.

It barely beats my ancient s&s dx1g in a worst case scenario. Often I can get a shot every 3 seconds on ttl. Which is annoyingly slow when I am trying to catch juvenile spotted drums in mid dance.

Boo. Not good news. Tanks for the info.

But I also want to whine about your overly optomistic conclusion: 7.2 seconds down to 4.4 for flash recycle time is not a win.

It barely beats my ancient s&s dx1g in a worst case scenario. Often I can get a shot every 3 seconds on ttl. Which is annoyingly slow when I am trying to catch juvenile spotted drums in mid dance.

It depends what you compare it to. Compact cameras are what they are
typical recycle time for Full dumps
Canon s120 6 seconds
Canon G15/16 3.1 seconds
panasonic lx7 3.2 seconds
Olympus Xz-2 3.1 seconds

Also when you shoot at close range the camera will not dump a full flash and shoot again as soon as the flash is ready which is around 2 seconds
The full dump only applies to wide angle when the strobes don't hit the subject

But reducing the internal flash of the Rx100 at minimum could be a solution to reduce the recycle time ??
I think that reducing the lamp of the internal flash don't affect the intensity of the lamp of the external flash.... I am wrong ?
Scipionems

But reducing the internal flash of the Rx100 at minimum could be a solution to reduce the recycle time ??
I think that reducing the lamp of the internal flash don't affect the intensity of the lamp of the external flash.... I am wrong ?
Scipionems
It depends how you shoot. If you have an S-TTL strobe reducing the flash compensation can work if you then overcompensate the external strobe. If you have external auto strobe or you shoot the strobe in manual you can reduce the compensation too but then you have to adjust the flash manually

From my tests the P-TTL of the RX100 is actually very good so I think I will work with the main strobe in S-TTL without touching the exposure compensation and only adjusting the second strobe for shadows and it should still be ok. I will post some results when I take the whole rig in water which should be some time next week I hope

Yes it is available in all modes. Anyway that trick would only work with inon strobes. Say two stop less on the camera and two stop more on the strobe: worth trying. I will

Ah, yes you're right.

From your write up, one get the feeling that Nauticam wasn't completely aware of the issues with the hotshoe pins...?

Back
Top Bottom