FIX UWL-28m52 Fisheye no good with SONY RX100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mattwurst

New
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking into getting a wideangle lens for my Sony Rx100 with nauticam housing. I was leaning towards the Fix UWL-28 52mm fisheye with a 67-52 step down ring because it has a great wide angle and is much cheaper than an inon wide angle + inon dome.

However, I read on the web that the FIX UWL28m52 is not good with the rx100 because of the large sensor of the rx100.

This lens will not be satisfactory with Sony RX100 series cameras due to the large sensor sized used by Sony. For the Sony RX-100 series of cameras, we recommend the Inon UWL-H100 28M67 Type 2 wide angle lens.

Is this true? Does anyone have experience with the FIX UWL-28m52 paired to the sony rx100?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,
Matt

I would agree with reef the fix uwl28 works better with a smaller sensor camera. I have the UWL04 that is a better lens and still performance with the rx100 is average. The lens will work but will be quite blurred on the edges on any aperture lower than f/8. I can shoot f/4 with the UWL-H100 even without dome and I use it for video at f/1.8 without major issues. At those apertures the fix lenses perform poorly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom