Rx100mkii in a NArx100 nauticam housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chisox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have the mki and mki nauticam housing. They look identical except for one piece where the hotshoe would slide in. Am I delusional?

It probably won't fit - whether or not the hot show makes a difference, the mk2 is a couple of mm thicker (thanks to the new screen design).

It probably won't fit - whether or not the hot show makes a difference, the mk2 is a couple of mm thicker (thanks to the new screen design).

Hmmm good point. It's .1 " thicker.

I should bring my housing to a best buy that has an open box.

Can i use nauticam r100 1st gen housing with rx100 mk2 camera? I want to upgrade my system. The rx100 mk3 is too expensive, i am thinking of changing to g16 but would like to keep my exsisting wetlens. If i can use the nautocam rx100 with rx100 mk2. I thibk i can go with that route.

Why not write to Nauticam ? My thinking. And as mention above. It won't fit. And I mean it won't fit properly. As the mk2 is thicker then the mk1. You may think that 'I"ll just force it in there!!' :) it might be able to get it in and close it. But you will never know what gonna happen at depth.

I think the rx100 mk1 is comparable with he mk2 when taking uw shots.

I just tried it.

It will not fit. I removed the block of plastic in the housing that lines up with the top of the camera (that interferes with the hot shoe), and it dropped in.

However, because the M2 is thicker than the original, cannot close the back door. :-(

Coralgirl; what wet lenses do you have?

I have the inon uwl h100 (wide and the dome), for macro subsee +10 and the inon . I Bought uwl05 before the inon but it was too soft to use.

I just tried it.

It will not fit. I removed the block of plastic in the housing that lines up with the top of the camera (that interferes with the hot shoe), and it dropped in.

However, because the M2 is thicker than the original, cannot close the back door. :-(

Coralgirl; what wet lenses do you have?

didappointing. Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the confirmation Delray.

When possible Nauticam provides update kits for their housing. It happens even on expensive one like the GH3/GH4 and certainly they would no be scared to do it for the RX100 if it was possible.

It is also useful to confirm the Mark III camera will NOT fit in any of the Mark I or II housing as it has been redesigned in flash position and has also a viewfinder

I have the inon uwl h100 (wide and the dome), for macro subsee +10 and the inon . I Bought uwl05 before the inon but it was too soft to use.

Great news! I tested the Inon UWL H100 with the RX100M3 and it works fine; no vignetting at all. With the Inon Dome Unit II added to the UWL-H100, there is a little vignetting at full wide (24mm), but a tap of the zoom (to 28mm) and there is no vignetting and a very very wide angle of view.

This has been explained in a separate forum thread here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom