Cold water RX100 II (Netherlands)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used an Inon ucl-165 macro lens

Nice effect on the snoot. Any chance of posting a picture of the d.i.y snoot job on your strobe?

This is the used setup (without inon ucl-165 macro lens). I have different caps to make the hole of the bottle smaller.

DSC03645.jpg

That is just beautiful! Thanks for the pic

That is a genius DIY solution.
Definitely going to give it a bash. The optical fibre snoots look brilliant but are so expensive, and as great as they are my wife will kick my ass if I spend any more cash on my gear for now!
I'm off to Bali (Scuba Seraya) in a few weeks time and this will be coming with me.
Thanks for sharing.

seems like the rest of us have been over thinking this snoot thing...

That solution will create considerable drag and be difficult to use in cracks and similar. You can get a snoot solution for Inon strobes that doesn't break the bank and is streamlined enough to work properly in most conditions

That solution will create considerable drag and be difficult to use in cracks and similar. You can get a snoot solution for Inon strobes that doesn't break the bank and is streamlined enough to work properly in most conditions

I agree this it creates a considerable drag and is not so easy to use in cracks. However, this was just as a test and it worked perfectly.

I have a Sea&Sea YS-01 strobe, so not an Inon. I know there are some snoots available, for example flipsnoots (130 euro) or a snoot from seahorn (70 euro). The seahorn cannot be flipped so you can not remove it easily during the dive.

seasea-ys-01-ys-02-flipsnoot.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom