bangka-lembeh rx100 photos!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boletus1973

Contributor
Reaction score
hello guys,
these are my photo galleries from this summer .. one from a bangka island and another one from lembeh, I still have to work to the photos of Tulamben(ten GB):shocked2: .. and then I finished my experience with the small sony .. a really wonderful camera! :blinking::blinking:
I'm selling it (camera, housing, wetlens) all to switch to a not sony mirrorless system!! :D
but we leave speak the pictures... :wink:

bangka Island

https://www.flickr.com/photos/13930495@N06/sets/72157646558049270/

lembeh strait

https://www.flickr.com/photos/13930495@N06/sets/72157647470246455/

bye bye
Fabio

What do you sell, in practice: housing, wet lenses...................? Send me info by MP. Thanks

Guy

Some really great shots!
I would love to go mirrorless but man it is a big black hole of $$$$$!!!

Where did you stay in Bangka and Lembeh and what were your thoughts?

I see you have been using the Nauticam LCD viewer/ magnifier, is it useful?? Does it work?? Is it worth the $170??

Thankyou AlMitch.... yes... is a big black hole of $$$$$.. but i find a bargain on a used oly em-5 with nauticam housing-ports... I could not resist:D:D now i've to buy "only" the lenses... :wink:

in bangka i stay at Coraleye, the italian owned resort/research center...it was a revelation ... very good on everything, nice clean White beach, really great food, nice rooms and high level dive guides.... the place is not luxury but it is very charming and friendly. I'll be back soon, the value for money is really super !! we want stay there 20days!! :wink:
in lembeh we stayed at the famous NAD.... perfect for photographers... the best diving boats ever and also super dive guides.... great diving service at all.... the room is ok, and the food is a mix for us... not the best... but we can come back there(my wife don't think that:D).... for a photographer it's a dream service! :D

the LCD magnifier, i love it, for me is really useful, in macro is the best, but also in wide angle is useful to avoid unwanted reflections and compose better pictures... it is true, it's expensive ... but for me this are very well spent money... is like watching a big LCD TV:D:D if I could mount it on the new housing, I do not ever sell it !! but i can't! :depressed::depressed:
:wink:

Some really great shots!
I would love to go mirrorless but man it is a big black hole of $$$$$!!!

Where did you stay in Bangka and Lembeh and what were your thoughts?

I see you have been using the Nauticam LCD viewer/ magnifier, is it useful?? Does it work?? Is it worth the $170??

How noise proof/ quiet/ private are the rooms at coral eye? Can you hear your neighbors? And do they have AC?
Coral eye is a place I have over looked in the past but I will give it a good look next time we head back to Bagnka. So far Blue Bay Dive Resort has been my favourite.

I agree 100% with you on NAD. AMAZING place if you are "hardcore" diver/ photographer and just want to dive dive dive but not the best bungalows and food. I'm 100% sure your wife would absolutely LOVE Black Sand Dive Retreat.

It's my birthday soon (birthdays are the only excuse I have to buy new camera gear!! :wink: ) and I am tossing up between the LCD magnifier and a snoot for the strobe. They cost about the same and I'm wondering which would be more helpful.

Hi AlMitch... the coraleye is a resort much different than usual, it Is a very large modern structure... designed for social interaction... there is a large table in the center of the structure and we eat together, there is an elevated area with sofas for relaxation ... it is a very peculiar place that is hard to describe in words, you can get an idea on their website or the facebook page. and no .. no AC, just a fan, but also a lot of wind there.:D
Bluebay is good... near one of my favorite divesite:wink:

yess... my wife love black sand or lembeh resort... but there is a problem for us.. budget!!! :D every year we stay one month in indonesia.... we can't go to much luxury!!:wink:

Happy birthday and buy both...:D:D:D:D are two completely different things... I love my magnifier and its magnification, and in macro is miraculous .... the snoot is more for creativity...but it needs lots of practice !! :wink::wink:

How noise proof/ quiet/ private are the rooms at coral eye? Can you hear your neighbors? And do they have AC?
Coral eye is a place I have over looked in the past but I will give it a good look next time we head back to Bagnka. So far Blue Bay Dive Resort has been my favourite.

I agree 100% with you on NAD. AMAZING place if you are "hardcore" diver/ photographer and just want to dive dive dive but not the best bungalows and food. I'm 100% sure your wife would absolutely LOVE Black Sand Dive Retreat.

It's my birthday soon (birthdays are the only excuse I have to buy new camera gear!! :wink: ) and I am tossing up between the LCD magnifier and a snoot for the strobe. They cost about the same and I'm wondering which would be more helpful.

A month!!!! You lucky punk!! Ye no wonder budget it an issue! You should look at Two Fish in Lembeh.

Both..... ooo now there is an idea! My wife will kill me! ha ha ha

From what you said above I am leaning towards the magnifier as I still needs lots of practice taking "normal" type of shots and if the magnification really helps then that is GREAT. Adding a snoot will just complicate things even more. Maybe next year for the snoot!

Decisions decisions!!

Great shots Fabio,
that's not just about good camera; the hand behind it does make amazing pics

notice you're in Lembeh early August; we stayed in Black Sand until August 3th, You could be one of the guy we saw in NAD boat
Agree with Almich, Black sand is very nice resort, great food and lovely operation.

Re. coral eye in bangka; seem nice resort, thanks for the info, we'll look for our next trip to bangka

Last edited:
Great shots Fabio,
that's not just about good camera; the hand behind it does make amazing pics

notice you're in Lembeh early August; we stayed in Black Sand until August 3th, You could be one of the guy we saw in NAD boat
Agree with Almich, Black sand is very nice resort, great food and lovely operation.

Re. coral eye in bangka; seem nice resort, thanks for the info, we'll look for our next trip to bangka

hi Fabio

The Bangka photos look really great, well done! Great colors and sharpness. We just finished checking out a couple resorts around Bangka, you can see extensive photos and video of the resorts/diving here if anyone is interested.

Scott Gietler

Great shots. I'm in the middle of deciding on Bangka/Lembeh or Anilao/Puerta Galera at the moment and your photos are pushing me to the former!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom