Sony A 6000 in Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvanant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Here is a little donut Doto from Tulamben in Bali. A6000 in Nauticam with the Zeiss 50 macro lens.
Enjoy
Bill
donut.jpg

Nice pic. I bought the A 6000 for white water kayaking and trying to decide on splurging on a Nauticam housing for CFWA. Or just stick with my NA RX100?

I like the camera a lot, the 12 mm lens is quite nice with a 7 inch minimum focus. Not quite like the Tok 10-17 but great optically.
Bill

Great find and photo Bill! Love those Doto's.

Scott Gietler

---------- Post added October 26th, 2014 at 09:48 PM ----------

Nice pic. I bought the A 6000 for white water kayaking and trying to decide on splurging on a Nauticam housing for CFWA. Or just stick with my NA RX100?

Having seen the results of both on a couple of photo workshops that I ran, I can say that the A6000 with a fisheye lens will definitely give (noticeably) superior results over the RX100 + a wet lens.

Hope this helps!

Scott Gietler

Nice picture Bill. Do you have pictures shoot with the 12mm lens?

Scott, which fisheye lens would you recommend? I thought the Sea&Sea Nikonos 12mm would keep the system compact but it is difficult to find the lens at reasonable price.

Claude

Great shot, still awaiting on my replacement 50mm macro. Very annoying.
Just got back form Truk Lagoon. Very happy with the Zeiss 12mm and the Zen glass port. My best combination so far.

---------- Post added October 28th, 2014 at 12:56 PM ----------

What is a doto?

Claude - I'd recommend the Sony fisheye conversion lens + 16mm pancake lens + 4-inch Nauticam NEX fisheye dome port for coral reefs, whale sharks, mantas, schools of fish, sponges, people, etc. People were getting outstanding results with this setup during our La Paz photo workshop last week.

Nice picture Bill. Do you have pictures shoot with the 12mm lens?

Scott, which fisheye lens would you recommend? I thought the Sea&Sea Nikonos 12mm would keep the system compact but it is difficult to find the lens at reasonable price.

Claude

Great shot Bill!

How would you compare the 50 mm Zeiss to the Canon 60 mm? (Or the Canon 100 mm if you have ever used it!). I am trying to figure out what mirrorless camera/lens combo would give the best possible macro, without having to go full SLR. My loyalty to Canon is starting to wane because of their reluctance to go all-in with mirrorless (which I think is the future for underwater).

Rob: Hope you are well. The Oly 60 macro lens will give you much better magnification (it is 1:1 on the u 4/3 sensor) than the Canon 60/Canon 100. In my hands at least when I was shooting the 7D, the 100 macro was a bit sharper than the 60 macro but not terribly much and in my opinion, the OLY 60 is a bit sharper than my version of the Canon 100. I have also shot the Zeiss 50 on the A6000 (the dot was shot with this) and I think it is a wonderful lens, but not as sharp as the OLY (in my hands).
If I were going to go to a u 4/3 right now it would be the OM-D EM-1 system, it is a bit more ergonomic for my macro style than the Sony.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom