suggestions on securing lenses on the Dyron quick change system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammerhead man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently purchased the Sony RX100-MK2 with a Recsea housing along with the Dyron lens quick change system. On my first dive trip with the new system, several times my UWL-04 fisheye lens fell off of the lens holder on the strobe arm. Unfortunately, at the end of the trip, during a wreck dive, the lens detached from the lens holder and was lost. For those that have the quick change system, what do you do to secure the lens safely to your camera rig.

I could screw it in, but I also have a macro lens that I take with me, and I prefer to use the quick change system. Unscrewing one lens, screwing it on the lens holder, then unscrewing the other lens, and screwing it on the front of the camera takes time and underwater is not always easy especially if there is a current, so it is easier to use the Dyron system (if I can find a way to protect the lens). If there is no way to protect the lens then I will have to change to the screw system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom