disable a6000 viewfinder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbs

Contributor
Reaction score
Can the viewfinder on the a6000 be disabled? When I put it in the housing it turns on the viewfinder and turns off the main display! ! I can't find a setting for it.
Thanks.

Meikon. So there is an actual switch on the camera itself??!! Something for mevtoclook for. Thanks!

There is NO switch on the camera, it is eye activated. On the Nautical there is a lever that moves a piece of plastic to simulate the eye view. I don't know about the Meikon, but you might be able to block the sensor.
Bill

There is NO switch on the camera, it is eye activated. On the Nautical there is a lever that moves a piece of plastic to simulate the eye view. I don't know about the Meikon, but you might be able to block the sensor.
Bill

Thanks for confirming the no switch thing Bill! The problem with the Meikon is the plastic in front of the eyepiece is opaque so it always thinks your eye is there. So i can't see thru the viewfinder and the main display is turned off rendering the thing useless... So unless the is a setting to turn off the viewfinder I can't see how one can use this housing!

On the A7, there was a setting in the menus to switch back and forth, I'm sure it's there for the a6000 too. It's lame for Sony not to have a physical switch, IMHO.

On the A7, there was a setting in the menus to switch back and forth, I'm sure it's there for the a6000 too. It's lame for Sony not to have a physical switch, IMHO.

Thanks Jack... I'm new to Sony. I'll take another pass thru the menus and see if I can find it. Sure did not jump out at me. Would you happen to know what section of the menus it might be under on the a7? This is SO frustrating.
Mike

---------- Post added November 18th, 2014 at 05:29 PM ----------

I FOUND IT! Yea! Thanks all for assistance!

On screen 3 of the second set of menus (the gear) there is a finder/monitor button.
Bill

On screen 3 of the second set of menus (the gear) there is a finder/monitor button.
Bill

Thanks Bill, exactly where I found it :) Now I just need to figure out decent settings for underwater! Big learning curve from my old point and shoot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom