Focus with the touit 50mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlutzer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just got the ziess touit 50mm in e-mount. I shoot with a nex7 and So far above water the auto focus is mind numbingly slow. How do you all manage to use this underwater with a nauticam port that doesn't permit manual focusing?

With lots and lots of patience. I shoot it with the A6000 and it is quite slow. There is a review I did of the system (Nauticam) on the Optical Ocean Sales website. If you really want slow try Metabones.
Bill

I didnt find it too bad.
bvanant can you please provide a link just can't find it

I didnt find it too bad.
bvanant can you please provide a link just can't find it

Guess I will find out in 2 short weeks!! Can't wait!! I couldn't find the revie either. Would really appreciate the link. Thanks for the feed back guys!!

I use the DMF focus method with peaking. Works well. Have a great trip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No just have DMF on so peaking shows up

i gotcha. So you focus just by moving the camera back and forth then with peaking on. Smart!

---------- Post added December 6th, 2014 at 05:52 PM ----------

Oh no!!!!!!! Just realized my lens has the original firmware! Back to zeiss it goes I suppose. Has anyone else dealt with this? Does zeiss pay for shipping?

That explains slow AF. No i didn't have to send back
Mine had it already. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom